Following the measures taken by the Federal Government on Thursday 12 March as part of the fight against the Covid-19 coronavirus, the various cultural and tourist organisations in the Pays de Liège will be inaccessible to the public from midnight on Friday 13.03 onwards.
The press release from Prime Minister Sophie Wilmès details the measures to be taken in the tourist, cultural and commercial sector:
"Concerning shops and so-called recreational activities (sports, cultural, folklore, etc.):
- All these activities are cancelled, regardless of their size and whether they are public or private.
- Among others, discos, cafés and restaurants are closed;
- Hotels remain open except for their possible restaurant;
- Home delivery and drive-in are permitted;
- Shops remain open all week except weekends;
- Food shops and pharmacies remain open as normal (including weekends). Nevertheless, it is recommended that they increase hygiene measures on the basis of the recommendations already made".
In the Pays de Liège, most museums are now open. All public events, concerts, theatrical performances, guided tours, educational activities, whether indoor or outdoor, are cancelled or postponed. For the modalities of postponement or reimbursement, you are advised to contact the event organizer.
In this context, in order to avoid the concentration of the public, the offices of the Maison du tourisme du Pays de Liège / Liège Tourist Office will be inaccessible to the public from this Saturday 14.03.
We can still be reached by telephone on +32 4 221 92 21 and by email: email@example.com or via our facebook page.
Security measures may vary. We recommend that you regularly consult the website www.info-coronavirus.be/fr.